The CASSINI (or RI7100C) ATE systems can operate in a wide range of environmental conditions. Depending on the system configuration, some specifications may not apply or have individual requirements. No special plumbing or ventilation is required. Customer must provide items designated with "NOT PROVIDED" label. All values are subject to change without notice.
Size of RI8591A "Cassini SPYDER" Infrastructure: (preliminary - subject to change)
- Height Min/Max: 741.9/1097.3 mm (29.2/43.2 in.)
- Depth: 576.3 mm (22.7 in.)
- Width: 772.7 mm (30.4 in.) Includes TIMs
- System Weight: 79 Kg ( 174 lbs.) (8 TIMs)
- Typical/MAX Shipping Weight: 32/45 Kg (70/100 lbs.)
- Height: 1,745 mm (68.7 in.)
- Depth: 1,151 mm (45.3 in.)
- Width: 843 mm (33.2 in.)
- Max Shipping Weight: 250 Kg (550 lbs.)
Fixture: (for docking with a Handler or Prober)
- Always consider the Fixture height when determining minimum clearance of the Test Head.
- Height: 195.6 mm (7.7 in.) - includes clearance for alignment pins
- Depth: 266.7 mm (10.5 in.)
- Width - 8 slot test head: 266.7 mm (10.5 in.)
Width - 16 slot test head: 558.8 mm (22 in.)
- Docking options based on Handler/Prober Type: Hard dock (RIK0070A, HNDPLATE), Soft dock (Cables)
- Handler "Pod" per handler/prober per system: GPIB (RIK0263A), Serial (RIK0266A), Parallel (RIK0267A)
Requires factory RI configuration and programming, send detailed handler control logic to "[email protected]" prior to ship date.
- Handler Pod Interface Cable: Parallel 25 Pin Female D-Sub (Custom MFSHLX1A), Serial Female RS232, or GBIP cable. NOT PROVIDED
- Surface not needed for Cassini 16 (...68) with Aux Rack, Touch UI (RI8583A) or Arm UI (RI8599A)
- System Controller EPC TIM requires standard CAT-5 RJ45 ethernet network cable to integrate with network and access Guru Server.
- Monitor requires power plug (varies based on monitor C13 or C7). If available, can be supplied by AUX rack.
- Workspace (cart) is needed to hold monitor, keyboard and mouse. NOT PROVIDED
- Workspace must be located within network cable reach of the System Controller (adjacent to system)
Compressed Air: ONLY Cassini 16 (RI8568B)
- Input Pressure 65-120 PSI (regulated to 90 psi)
- System Connector Type: Quick Disconnect US Industrial/Milton MIL-C-4109 Male (preferred)
4109 Male @ Facility Cassini System
- Adapters included with system: (MPSNYT5A)
- THREAD NPT 1/4" Female @ Facility to Quick Disconnect on tester (option #1)
Facility 1/4" NPT threadSystem Connector
- HOSE 8mm or 5/16 in.: Barbed hose adapter and clamp with 1/4" NPT male thread (option #2)
Hose @ Facility Adapter to THREAD (supplied adapter)
- Operating Air Temperature: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F)
For best calibration performance, a consistent ambient room temperature of ± 5°C is recommended.
- Humidity: 8% to 80%
- Input voltage and frequency ranges automatically.
- 220 V or 110 V
- 50 Hz or 60 Hz AC, Single Phase Sine-wave input.
- 20 AMP Service
- Cassini 16 NEMA 5-20P Plug Provided (Cassini side is C19)
Other Plug Types: Cut off NEMA provided plug and use pig-tail plug adapter. NOT PROVIDED
- Cassini 16 (RI8568B) Input kilovolt-amperes (kVA) approximately
- Minimum: 0.15 kVA
- Maximum: 0.75 kVA
- Aux Rack Maximum: 1.2 kVA (300 VA per Source)
- Cassini SPYDER Plug type: NEMA 5-15P (Cassini side is C13)
- Cassini SPYDER Input kilovolt-amperes (kVA) approximately
- Minimum: 0.15 kVA
- Typical: 0.40 kVA
- Maximum: 3.6 kVA (IEC C13 pass through)
- The System Controller and Touch UI (RI8583A) option uses the power supply from the tester. Depending on the monitor type, it may use the AUX rack power supply (if available) or need an additional outlet.
|Protective Earth, Ground||PE||green-yellow|
|Line, single phase, Hot||L||brown or black|
- The green ground wire in the back of the Roos rack should be connected directly to the handler ground. This should be inspected each time a handler is connected to the test system by the operator.
- The ground should be checked each time a handler is connected. Measure both AC voltage (must be less than 50 millivolts) and ground resistance (which should be less than 5 ohms) between the tester ground and the handler ground.
Note: Measuring negative resistance is a sign that DC or AC voltage is present. Any of these conditions would indicate failure to ground and should be corrected prior to testing parts.
It is essential to maintain solid ground between the handler and the Roos system rack. This helps to prevent Device Under Test (DUT) damage and damage to the Roos handler interface.
|Cassini Footprint - Cassini 16 Infrastructure|
|Cassini Footprint - Cassini SPYDER 8 Infrastructure|
Legacy platform (RI7100A, RI7100C, Cassini Small, Cassini Large) Site-Preparation Guidelines.