Please collect the following information when troubleshooting EPC connection issues (Yellow System Button). Each question should be answered with Yes/No/True/False or description of answer: Please facilitate this by creating a paper form or shared worksheet where technicians can enter this info while at the tester. Also, these steps will likely be updated over time. Please prepare a work flow to allow for regular updates.
To Document Any EPC Issue, Collect the Following Information Per Event:
- Date & Time of the incident? (for log analysis)
- Contact Name & Email Address? (to allow follow-up questions and target interventions)
- Tester GuruID/Name?
- What is the current Guru User? (If Yellow, Apps/ShortCuts takes a while to appear as Guru timeout waiting to confirm latest users)
- Current Activity (Exec Running, Testing % done?, Total Lot size?, Diags, Cals, Setup, Correlation, MSC etc...)
- Cassini Error prompt? Save and export RiErrorLog, if not Error and Cassini still responsive, choose System > Equip > Save Sim and export RiSimulationDef.
- Responsive UI?
- OS (mouse, keyboard)
- Desktop UI (folder)
- Cassini app
- Db Manager (Java) app
- Guru app
- Other apps?
- Touch Screen? (does the mouse move to where the screen is touched, try all corners/edges?)
- Keyboard not responding (Num Lock, Caps Lock lights)?
- Try to use a different USB Keyboard. Any response? No, then hard power down tester.
- Repeatable? (Yes/No) , If Yes, what are the Steps to Recreate the Issue.
- Screenshot of full screen (helps to see System button status & taskbar, time at the bottom, CPU graph, tasks running, etc), use PrintScreen key, saves to D:/Screenshot/.
- Is Local Time correct? (If not, confirm NTP and CMOS Battery are valid)
- Perform the following Interventions: (Note if/when issue is resolved)
- CTL+ALT+DEL?, enter "T" for TOP (take screenshot, looking for high CPU usage), kill task and document program name if consistently >98%, close all apps and Guru, try to recreate issue.
- Check available storage on C: and D:, cmd "df -h" cmd - "Use % for c: and d:". Anything above 80% is noteworthy.
- Network issues? (Yellow)
- confirm ip address (ifconfig lan0)
- confirm ping to update server works
- confirm local date/time is accurate, if not set time and check Clock Synchronization (NTP) settings. Make sure server is accessible!
- Guru Address Active? (launch
- from Apps or D:\ )
- Guru Explorer connects to server? (launch from Apps or D:\ )
Advanced Debug Steps:
- Won't boot? Try Replace CMOS Battery in EPC TIM https://roos.com/docs/RBEH-A8X48N
- On Server, check with "netstat -a | grep 50000" to confirm active connections. Look for duplicates?
- (Advanced) Use Wireshark on a Laptop to capture network packets between the tester and the server, (guru traffic is tcp port 50000)
(Physically install a network hub and plug tester, laptop and LAN into the hub. ref https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkCSr30UojM, check for Lan loops: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiaYS780_2U, TTL decreasing?, Duplicate packets?)
Please collect this information and sent to [email protected] for analysis.