Cassini Execution Error Halt
- Error dialog box will display
- Click Save to create a RiErrorLog object (imports the vRtError.log file)
- vRtError.log file is located in Cassini program directory (i.e. D:\RiApps\GuruApps\GF10RC2A)
- Choose File > Clear Compile from Test Plan editor File menu if developing
- Choose System > Reset from Cassini to return all instruments to their default Idle state
- Export RiErrorLog as .GZP and send to [email protected]
1) When an Error Dialog box appears select Save and E-mail "[email protected]" the RiErrorLog object (Export .GZP with GURU Browser), that is automatically created by the error dialog box save command. This will assist RI support in recreating the conditions of the ssue.
2) If developing Test Plans utilizing the the Test Plan editor , then select File and Clear Compile.
This will clear out all the memory allocated to the Test Plan and reset the pointers so the Test Plan will be ready to compile again. It the error persists check your Test Panels for errors and then move to step (3)
3) Now select the Cassini application window then select System and RESET.
This will reset all the system variables and terminates multi-threaded processes. If a hardware error exists, you must first clear the hardware error and then repeat the reset process.
4) Attempt your application again, if the issue persists, contact RI Support.
To send us the Guru objects needed to recreate the issue, follow the instructions to Export a Simulation.
Export Simulation for Cassini
Software Recovery - First
- If System is not responding
- Press & Hold CTRL Key and Press the Break Key
- RI System will halt and display Error dialog box
- Click Save to close the Error dialog box
- RI Message Window menu Select System > Reset
- Attempt your application again, if the issue persists, send the vRtError.log file to [email protected]
- RI Message Window menu Select System > Quit
- Select Yes to close RI System Software Image
- Restart RI System Software
In the event that a hardware issue is not resolved, it may become necessary to interrupt the running RI software image.
1) Press and Hold the Ctrl Key and then Press and Hold the Break Key. This will halt any running RI Application program and display an Error Dialog Box.
2) Select Save to close the Error Dialog Box
3) Select the Cassini application window, next select System and then Reset.
This will reset all the system variables and terminates multi-threaded processes, if a hardware error exists, you must first clear the hardware error and then repeat the reset process starting at 1).
4) Attempt your application again, if the issue persists, repeat line number 1) and when the Error Dialog box appears select Save
5) E-mail [email protected] the vRtError.log file located in the Guru application directory that is automatically created by the error dialog box save command. This will assist Ri Engineers in recreating the conditions of the issue.
6) Now select the Cassini application window then select System and Quit.
7) You will get dialog box that asks, "Are you sure?", answer YES.
8) Restart the Cassini application and follow the standard startup procedure.
Software Recovery - Second
- If System is not responding to Ctrl & Break
- Press & Hold Ctrl Key and Press the Esc Key
- OS/2 System will display Window List dialog box ( may take many seconds to respond )
- RMBC on the Application name and select Close
- Select Yes to close RI System Software Image
- Restart Cassini from the Short Cut button
In the event that a hardware or RI system software issue is not resolved, it may become necessary to interrupt the frozen RI system software and have the OS/2 operating system terminate it's operation.
1) Press and Hold the Ctrl Key and then Press and Hold the ESC Key. This will initiate an OS/2 operating system check and after many seconds a Window List (system process) dialog box will be displayed.
2) RMBC (Right Mouse Button Click) on the Application then select Close from the pop-up menu.
2) Click Yes to terminate the RI System software.
3) Once the system monitor goes to zero, restart the RI System Software.
Software Recovery - Last Choice
- If OS/2 System is not responding to Ctrl > Esc
- Press and Hold Ctrl + Alt + Delete Keys
- Select TOP and find "Guru Server" process
- This will REBOOT the system controller
- Restart the system controller and the RI System Software
In the event that a hard operation system crash occurs, it becomes necessary to interrupt the frozen system software and have the Bios terminate the operating system.
1) Press and Hold the Ctrl + ALT Keys and then Press and Hold the Delete Key. Press CTL + ALT + DEL a second time to initiate a basic computer system reboot
2) Once OS/2 boots back up, start the RI System Software again.
NOTE : The RI System saves each part's test data after all of that part's tests have been performed. It stores it locally to .RITdb file for full data recovery, but other lot summary statistics will have to be created based on the available data.
Documenting Software Issues
If you find what appears to be a software anomaly ( Bug ), please help us make the product better by e-mailing [email protected] the following information:
1) Description of the issue found
2) Procedure to duplicate the issue.
3) Text copies of any error messages on the Log window and send the RiErrorLog object.