Exchange a TIM
Request RMA Send Diagnostic Data with Show Full Results Option along with System & TIMs Serial Numbers to Support.
Swapping a Failed TIM takes just minutes. All configuration and calibration data is automatically loaded via Guru™. Procedure to exchange Cassini Test Instrument Module (TIM) in 4 steps. Detailed step-by-step process available in the Cassini Reference Guide, Chapter 4: Service, Section 1: Exchanging a New or Repaired TIM
Step 1) Prepare for TIM Exchange
- Import Cal Data into Guru from the email attachment sent to the site's primary maintenance manager or contact who opened the RMA (Filename = CalData_<serial#>.gzp)
- Unlatch and Lower Testhead from Handler and Remove Fixture.
- Choose System > Check from Main System Window (Fixture removed from Configuration)
- Remove TIM From Shipping Box. Do Not Trash TIM Box, Keep For Return Shipment.
Step 2) Exchange TIM
- Remove Failed TIM, Pull Top Latch Then Pull Bottom Handle to Release from the Testhead.
- Perform System > Check (Instrument(s) Removed from Configuration)
- Install New TIM in the same T-location labeled on TIM. Example:
Slide TIM Horizontally Until Touching Testhead, Slide TIM Vertically Until In Position, Press Top Latch Down
- Perform System > Check (Instrument(s) Added to Configuration). Start Warm Up Timer (20 minutes)
Step 3) Verify and Release to Production
- Latch Diag/Cal Plate from Diagnostic Kit
- Perform System > Check (Fixture Added to Configuration)
- Open Configuration window ( System > Tester ) Perform Targeted Diags (Tester > Diagnose, Select Plans for Instrument Model #s)
NOTICE! Wait for the TIM to warm up at least 20 minutes before running Diagnostics
- If Diags Pass, Unlatch Diag/Cal Plate, Latch Fixture and Release to Production (Skip To Step 4)
- To Confirm Recent Cal Data, Select Instrument from Config Window, RMB Menu Choose Calibration > Restore... > OK. If One or More Dates Do Not Appear, Import Cal Data (contact Manager) and Choose System > Startup. Perform Targeted Diags Again.
- If Diags Fail, Run Full Diags, then Perform Targeted Calibration (TIM or Complete RF System)
Step 4) Document and Return Failed TIM
- Prepare return shipping documents according to Return Shipment Instructions (RSI) (HTC, value, description)
- Write Serial Number if not already included on RSI. Include any relevant information (Diag data, symptoms)
- Ship Failed TIM in provided TIM Box. If a TIM Box is not available, follow these Safe Packing Instructions.
Detailed Maintenance Schedule information and proceedures are in the Cassini Reference Guide, CH 3: Care & Maintenance.
|Item||Time Period||As Needed||Time to Complete||Role/Login||Required Tools||Notify Support|
|Socket||Daily||Mfg. Suggestion||1-2 min||Operator||Standard Tools|
|DIB||Monthly||>10% Yield Change||5 min||Maintenance||Standard Tools, Voltmeter, Magnifier|
|Test Head TIM Blocks||Monthly||1000 Fixture Docks||2 min||Operator||Standard Tools|
|Aux Rack RF Cables||Yearly||TIM Exchange||1-2 min||Maintenance||Standard Tools|
|Fixture Inserts||Daily||1000 DIB Installs||1 min||Operator||Standard Tools|
|Calibrate Fixture||Never||Modification||Varies||Developer||Calibration Kit|
|Docking Hardware||Monthly||1000 Docks||1 min||Operator||Standard Tools||If wear is found|
|Handler POD/RIFL Cable||Quarterly||Frequent Handler Changes||1 min||Operator||Standard Tools|
|Diagnose/Verify||Monthly||Yield Drops||5-30 min||Maintenance||Standard Tools||On Failure|
|Calibrate TIMs||Yearly||TIM Repair||1-2 min||Maintenance||Standard Tools|
|Calibrate RF System||Yearly||TIM Exchange||1-2 min||Maintenance||Standard Tools||Yes|
Diagnose and Calibration
Detailed Diagnose and Calibration information and proceedures are in the Cassini Reference Guide, CH 5: Diagnose and CH 6: Calibration.
- Diagnostic Kits: custom interface fixture, cables and components needed to self-diagnose issues. (included with system order, required for Calibration)
- Calibration Kits: used to calibrate RF system, frequency dependant.
- Calibration - Written Procedure for Complete Cassini System Cal
- Calibration Scope