Exchange a TIM
Request RMA Send Diagnostic Data with Show Full Results Option along with System & TIMs Serial Numbers to Support.
Swapping a Failed TIM takes just minutes. All configuration and calibration data is automatically loaded via Guru™. Procedure to exchange Cassini Test Instrument Module (TIM) in 4 steps. Detailed step-by-step process available in the Cassini Reference Guide, Chapter 4: Service, Section 1: Exchanging a New or Repaired TIM
Step 1) Prepare for TIM Exchange
- Import Cal Data into Guru from the email attachment sent to the site's primary maintenance manager or contact who opened the RMA (Filename = CalData_<serial#>.gzp)
- Unlatch and Lower Testhead from Handler and Remove Fixture.
- Choose System > Check from Main System Window (Fixture removed from Configuration)
- Remove TIM From Shipping Box. Do Not Trash TIM Box, Keep For Return Shipment.
Step 2) Exchange TIM
- Remove Failed TIM, Pull Top Latch Then Pull Bottom Handle to Release from the Testhead.
- Perform System > Check (Instrument(s) Removed from Configuration)
- Install New TIM in the same T-location labeled on TIM. Example:
Slide TIM Horizontally Until Touching Testhead, Slide TIM Vertically Until In Position, Press Top Latch Down
- Perform System > Check (Instrument(s) Added to Configuration). Start Warm Up Timer (20 minutes)
Step 3) Verify and Release to Production
- Latch Diag/Cal Plate from Diagnostic Kit
- Perform System > Check (Fixture Added to Configuration)
- Open Configuration window ( System > Tester ) Perform Targeted Diags (Tester > Diagnose, Select Plans for Instrument Model #s)NOTICE! Wait for the TIM to warm up at least 20 minutes before running Diagnostics
- If Diags Pass, Unlatch Diag/Cal Plate, Latch Fixture and Release to Production (Skip To Step 4)
- To Confirm Recent Cal Data, Select Instrument from Config Window, RMB Menu Choose Calibration > Restore... > OK. If One or More Dates Do Not Appear, Import Cal Data (contact Manager) and Choose System > Startup. Perform Targeted Diags Again.
- If Diags Fail, Run Full Diags, then Perform Targeted Calibration (TIM or Complete RF System)
Step 4) Document and Return Failed TIM
- Prepare return shipping documents according to Return Shipment Instructions (RSI) (HTC, value, description)
- Write Serial Number if not already included on RSI. Include any relevant information (Diag data, symptoms)
- Ship Failed TIM in provided TIM Box. If a TIM Box is not available, follow these Safe Packing Instructions.
When to Recalibrate?
Never recalibrate "stand-alone" TIMs because they only interface with the Fixture and DIB and so their Calibration data is valid for any configuration. Recalibration may only be needed when changing TIMs with "RF System" connections. The "RF System" is any cable connection between TIMs found on the Diag/Cal Inteface Plate (Diag Fixture). Fixture Calibration may be required on Fixtures that use the "calPerTester=True" attribute in the Device Connection Editor. Always follow the Cassini Reference Guide, CH 5: Diagnose proceedure after changing TIMs and prior to releasing the tester for production.
|TIM Model||Description of Standalone TIMs|
|RI8535||80/40/20 Univeral Digital TIM|
|RI8545||Device Power TIM|
|RI8589||FET Pulser TIM|
|RI8594||Waveform TIM with Low Noise Clock|
Detailed Maintenance Schedule information and proceedures are in the Cassini Reference Guide, CH 3: Care & Maintenance.
|Item to Inspect||Time Period||As Needed||Time to Complete||Role/Login||Required Tools||Notify Support|
|Socket||Daily||Mfg. Suggestion||1-2 min||Operator||Standard Tools, Magnifier|
|DIB||Monthly||>10% Yield Change||5 min||Maintenance||Standard Tools, Voltmeter, Magnifier|
|Test Head TIM Blocks||Monthly||1000 Fixture Docks||2 min||Operator||Connector Cleaner (lube free), Compressed Air|
|Aux Rack SMA Cables||Yearly||20 GHz Source Exchange||1-2 min||Maintenance||SMA Torque Wrench|
|Fixture Inserts||Daily||1000 DIB Installs||1 min||Operator||Connector Cleaner (lube free)|
|Calibrate Fixture||Never||Modification||Varies||Developer||Calibration Kit|
|Docking Hardware||Monthly||1000 Docks||1 min||Operator||None (Eyes)||If wear is found|
|Handler POD/RIFL Cable||Quarterly||Frequent Handler Changes||1 min||Operator||Standard Tools|
|Diagnose/Verify||Monthly||Yield Drops||5-30 min||Maintenance||Diagnostic Kit||On Failure|
|Calibrate TIMs||Yearly||TIM Repair||5-30 min||Maintenance||Diag & Calibration Kit|
|Calibrate RF System||Yearly||TIM Exchange||2-6 hours||Maintenance||Diag & Calibration Kit||Yes|
Diagnose and Calibration
Detailed Diagnose and Calibration information and proceedures are in the Cassini Reference Guide, CH 5: Diagnose and CH 6: Calibration.
- Diagnostic Kits: custom interface fixture, cables and components needed to self-diagnose issues. (included with system order, required for Calibration)
- Calibration Kits: used to calibrate RF system, frequency dependant.
- Calibration - Written Procedure for Complete Cassini System Cal
- Calibration Scope