A developer may occasionally want to edit a .CSV (comma separated values) file directly in the Cassini Virtual Workstation (simulator) to modify limits (Test Plan Editor), Device Controls (Device Control Editor) or change Bin options (Test Exec Editor). OpenOffice Calc is a spreadsheet program similar to Microsoft Excel that allows easy import/export to .csv format.
Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and more. It is available in many languages and works on all common computers. It stores all your data in an international open standard format and can also read and write files from other common office software packages. It can be downloaded and used completely free of charge for any purpose.
These instructions assume you have a Cassini Virtual Workstation with eCS 2+. If installing on OS/2, you must follow the instructions in readme.txt to install all prerequisite files (that are included with eCS 2+).
- Download OpenOffice install disk image "ooo32ga.iso" (https://roos.com/web/ooo32ga.iso), 302 Mb.
- Start the Cassini Simulation in VirtualBox
- From the Oracle VM VirtualBox window, choose Device > Optical Drives > Choose Disk Image...
- Navigate to the location of "ooo32ga.iso", select it and choose Open button.
- In the simulator, choose Local System > Drives > Drive G (the optical drive). The drive will open in Tree view, double click the Drive G icon again to open another window in icon view.
- Double-click on "install.exe" to start the Install process. Follow the prompts utill the install process completes.
- Double click on the new "OpenOffice.Org 3.2" icon. Right mouse drag the "Spreadsheet" icon to the Desktop for easy access.
- Export .CSV to "D:\" drive, open the Spreadsheet application, then open the file. Double clicking will not launch Spreadsheets.
- When saving, choose "Keep Current Format" (and check the box to not ask again)
- To associate .CSV files with Spreadsheet, right click on any .CSV, choose Properties... > Menu. Choose "~Open as", then click "Create another..." under the "Actions on menu: ~Open as" section. Enter "Spreadsheet" in the Menu item name: field, then press "Find program..." button, click "Locate.." button, "Desktop", then choose "OpenOffice.Org 3.2" folder, press OK, press "Find", then select "Spreadsheet". Now you can right click on any .CSV and select "Open As... Spreadsheet".