Creating the Fixture Definition:
- Begin by getting into the Guru Device Connection Editor. To do this go to the upper right hand corner and choose "Apps" from the side menu. An application window will pop up.
- Select "Device Connection Editor" button and the device editor window will open.
- Select the tab called "Fixture" on the upper right side of the editor window.
- After selecting "Fixture" on the right hand tab Select "Dev Conn" from the upper menu of the window. Select "New Fixture" from the pull down menu.
- A new fixture definition window will open and will allow you to fill in or select specific fixture attributes. Once all the attributes are filled out select "OK".
- An alternative would be to select "Load Fixture" and then select "New" at the bottom of the fixture selection window.
Editing the Software Fixture:
- Enter the Device Editor Window and select "Load Fixture..." from the pull down menu.
- Highlight the fixture to be edited from the "Fixture Selection" window. When the selection window opens highlight the fixture you want to edit and select "OK". A fixture path editor will open up. Edit the fixture path from here and select "OK" when finished.
- Review the attributes for the fixture in the Device Connection Editor window and edit if necessary.
1. Go to the bottom of the Device Connection Editor to the Fixture Interface Definition fields. Highlight the first row and do a RMBC. A path definition window will open. Fill in the separate fields to define the path and then select "OK". Repeat this step for each path you want to define.
Note: Cal path names are case sensitive and should not contain capital "F" in the name for automatic
cal factor application.
2. Once you have edited/added all the paths you need go to the top of the Device Connection Editor and choose "Save Fixture".
Adding a Calibration Factor Without a Path Definition:
1. Enter the Device Connection Editor as described above in this document. Highlight one iof the path definitions at the bottom of the editor. A RMBC will bring up a small pull down menu. From the menu select "Edit Default Cal".
2. An "RI Default Cal Data" window will open. Select "Add" from the top menu pick.
3. Fill in the fields for the "RI New Cal Default" values. When finished select "OK". Remember to save the fixture definition when done.
Adding/Editing the Resource Locations:
- From the main pull down menu select "edit resource mapping".
- Add a resource and then map it to the location it has on the test head/fixture.