The following procedure must be completed once for each tester that has a TIM hardware model upgrade, for example, the RI8589B to RI8589C Fet Pulser instrument. This process preserves the configuration change so the tester can be restarted and used in simulators. The steps below also include an optional update to the default Cal List to use the appropriate testplans when Diagnosing and Calibrating TIMs. The Cal Data is verified (by date) and targeted Diagnostics run to prepare the system to be released back to production. The steps below combine the steps to Exchange TIM, Update Cal List, Save Configuration Change, Confirm Cal Data, and Diagnose TIMs.
Always follow the standard procedure when changing TIMs, choosing System > Check immediately after each change to preserve the correct instrument names. When multiple TIMs of the same instrument are installed, the Cassini software uses the serial numbers and T-Locations stored in the Tester configuration to differentiate them at Start Up. The procedure below, which requires adding the TIMs to the tester in a precise order, assures that the correct instrument name is automatically added to the configuration. Any changes made while the software is running is not automatically saved. A Tester > Save should be performed any time a TIM is changed to guarantee all updated information is saved to Guru (ri.sys.ObjClass=RiTesterDef). The Tester configuration also allows a test plan developer to activate a specific configuration while using a Virtual Workstation from the Test > Tester menu.
To Upgrade a TIM: (Example RI8589B to RI8589C Fet Pulser)
- Launch the latest Development Short Cut (i.e. <Name> Dev 1.46+) with all the current configured TIMs and open the Configuration window by choosing System > Tester from the main Cassini window. (See Figure 1) The instrument name is displayed first (red underline) and T-Location is displayed last (red circle) in the Configuration window (See Figure 2).
- Exchange TIM:
- Unlatch the Fixture (if present) and Unlatch and remove the TIM from the test head that is being upgraded (Rev B FET Pulser in T4) and perform a System > Check. The removed instruments will no longer appear in the Configuration Window. (See Figure 3)
- Latch the RevC FET Pulser TIM into T4 and perform a System > Check. Confirm that "FetPulser" instrument has been added in T4 from the Configuration window. (See Figure 4)
- Start a timer for 20 minutes to allow the instruments to warm up before running Diagnostics. Warm up requires that the TIMs are powered up by the Cassini software after performing a System > Check, so latching the TIM to the Testhead does not power up the instrument. The Timer feature of the Clock App on the RI Support Tablet (iPad) is useful for this step.
- If Needed, Update Cal List: (As of August 2020, the Cal list can now support multiple models with the same instrument name.)
- In the list of instruments in the Configuration Window, find and left click on the System instrument to select it. Select Instrument > Calibration > Calibrate to pull up a list of all available Cal Lists. (See Figure 5)
- Left click on the appropriate named entry (i.e. "<Name> Cal List RevB" or similar) to select and choose the Select button. This will activate the Cal List and open the Cal Exec. (See Figure 6) The Cal List determines the test plans displayed in both the Cal and Diag execs and can support multiple instrument configurations and models. See Changing the Default Cal/Diag List Associated With a Cassini Tester https://roos.com/docs/RBES-A6T3EP?Open
- Close the Exec by choosing the Close Icon in the upper right corner. (See Figure 7)
- Save Change: Choose Tester > Save menu from the Configuration window to commit all changes to the Tester definition so when the tester is restarted the instrument names and Cal List will be preserved and correct model loaded in simulators. (See Figure 8)
- Confirm that upgraded FetPulser instrument has loaded the appropriate Cal Data:
- Select FetPulser instrument by left clicking on the entry in the Configuration window and choose Instrument > Calibration > Restore. (See Figure 9)
- Choose Yes to confirm that we want to replace Cal Data. To avoid any changes to the live Cal Data, the next dialog will be canceled. (See Figure 10)
- Identify the last entry's date is within the past few weeks (not months or years) and then choose cancel to close the "Select Cal Data for FetPulser" dialog. If the date is older, import the .gzp sent via email containing the Cal Data and unlatch/check/re-latch/check or contact RI Support ([email protected]). (See Figure 11)
- Latch the Diag/Cal Interface Board from the Diagnostic Kit and choose System > Check.
IMPORTANT: With current rev hardware, never attach the Fet Pulser Diag/Cal Block to the TIM before the Cassini software has powered up the TIM either before Start Up or System > Check. The Diag/Cal block can short power supplies that may have closed relays before the startup logic can be loaded.
- Wait at least 20 minutes before running Diagnostics to let the instruments warm up. After waiting at least 20 minutes from step 3, choose Tester > Diagnose from the Configuration window.
- Diagnose FetPulser:
- Place the FET Diag/Cal Block on the Rev C TIM in T4. Because the TIM Self-Cal is run immediately after the test plan compiles, it must be placed on the TIM prior to the confirmation prompt.
- Left click on "Ri8589B-RI8589B FET Pulser Verify" test plan to select it from the Diag exec window and choose Run > Selected. (See Figure 12)
- After the plan compiles and runs, choose Ok button on the Operator Request prompt to confirm the Fet Pulser Diag/Cal block is connected. (See Figures 13 and 14)
- Confirm the diagnostic output reports "RI8589B FET Pulser Verify... Passed" (See Figure 15)
- The upgrade is now complete.
If Diagnose fail, confirm the TIM has been running for at least 20 minutes, confirm Cal data is correct in Step 9, confirm the test plan in the Diag Exec displays a "C" step 4), confirm that the instrument name is in the correct T-Location, and confirm the latest "DEV" Short Cut is being run then contact RI Support ([email protected]). If problems can not be resolved and Rev A Fet Pulser TIMs need to be reinstalled, revert back to the previous Cal List, follow steps 5-8, but choose the "<Name> Cal List Rev B" listed in Figure 7. This list can also be changed temporarily at any time by skipping Tester > Save (step 8).
Figure 1: System > Tester to Open Configuration Window
Figure 2: Configuration Window with RevB FetPulser and FetPulser2 Instruments
Figure 3: Configuration Window with FetPulser Instrument Removed
Figure 4: Configuration Window with RevC FetPulser and RevB FetPulser2
Figure 5: Instrument> Calibration > Calibrate to choose a Cal List
Figure 6: Choose a Cal List
Figure 7: Close Cal Exec Window
Figure 8: Saving Tester Configuration
Figure 9: Instrument> Calibration > Restore Menu
Figure 10: Replace Calibration Data Prompt
Figure 11: Select Cat Data for FetPulser Prompt
Figure 12: Diagnostics, Run > Selected
Figure 13: Compiling 'RI8589C Fet Pulser Verify"
Figure 14: Operator Request
Figure 15: Results Verify... Passed
These steps combine the following standard instructions:
Update Cal List:
Changing the Default Cal/Diag List Associated With a Cassini Tester
Save Configuration Change:
Adding Another Test Instrument Module (TIM) into a Cassini System
Confirm Cal Data:
Import Cal Data .GZP with Guru Browser
Troubleshooting - Procedure to Run Diagnostics