Cassini calibration data is stored in RiInstrumentCal guru objects with the same "Cal Set" value and can be exported with Guru Browser as a .GZP file and then viewed and exported as .CSV with the RI Cal Export app that can run on any Java supported OS. Also, the RITdb.datalog results from Verify testplans document results before/after data. Also, The results of a Diag/Cal Exec can be manually saved with Results > Save to Guru and then Export the created ObjClass=RiEquipDiagLog objects.
How to Identify a Cal Set:
The calibration data will share a common "ri.hw.CalSet" value that is the name of the tester and the date. This value is set automatically when the Cal Exec is launched but can be changed at the time of calibration. The CalSet value includes all RiInstrumentCal guru objects that were changed during the annual preventive maintenance and calibration procedure, but it does NOT include all low level calibration data; including the 10 MHz Reference Clock (EPC TIM) or RI7725 TIMs that are not directly calibrated, instead rely on a signal path that relies on more than one TIM and so the calibration data is embedded with the TestSet TIM. If a system calibration extended beyond a single day, then the "CalSet" value would have to include all days.
Verify Service Plans for Before and After Data with Limits:
The Diag/Cal Exec automatically saves the pass/fail results compared to limits of any service plan that does not have "Calibration" or "Cal" in the title as RITdb.datalog with type=validate. These results can be saved as "before" and "after" data for future analysis and review. To convert RITdb to CSV or XLSX for analysis, see RITdb Conversion to CSV or XLSX with Python 3 and RITdb Conversion Using Guru Agent and Scripts)
Note: Requires Cassini Patch 328 and latest version of DbManager.
Diag Logs as Before and After Data:
The results of performing Diagnostics can also be used as Before/After data for calibration reporting purposes. Unlike the RITdb.datalog or RiInstrumentCal objects, the RiEquipDiagLogs have to be manually generated and saved, so they may not be available for all Calibrations.
How to View and Store .GZP with Cal Data:
The data can be viewed from the .GZP file by first unpacking with any .ZIP utility (append ".zip" to the file name) and the contents viewed by any standard text editor. The .GZP contains a pair of files for each Cal data object stored in guru with the file names being the unique Creation ID (CID). The .GAB file stores the metadata and the .GOB stores the actual calibration values. Reference the Calibration Data .GZP View and Export App document for detailed steps for converting a .GZP with calibration data into .CSV files for reference and analysis.
To Export Calibration Data by Cal Set:
1. Choose Log On to guru and provide User Name and Password for a non-operator role (user with Maintenance, Developer or Programmer).
2. Choose Apps > Guru Browser
3. Choose RiInstrumentCal from the Key1, ri.sys.ObjClass pull down menu.
4. Choose ri.hw.CalSet from Key 2 pull down menu.
5. Choose the appropriate Tester name and data value for the target calibration. (<<Tester Name>> on MM/DD/YY)
6. Select all the objects in the table (CTL+A key to select all) and choose Export > Guru Format from the right mouse button menu.
7. Enter a comment (Optional) and choose OK.
8. Choose Drive D: from the Look in pull down menu and change the File Name to identify the file and choose Export.
9. View and Store the .GZP file contents to document the calibration values as required.
To Export Validate RITdb Datalogs:
- Choose Log On to guru and provide User Name and Password for a non-operator role (user with Maintenance, Developer or Programmer).
- Choose Apps > Guru Browser
- Choose RITdb.datalog from the Key1, ri.sys.ObjClass pull down menu.
- Choose ri.sys.Type from Key 2 pull down menu.
- Choose validate under ri.sys.Type.
- Select all the entries in the table based on start/end for the date/time from when the Diagnostics were first run (before) and last run (after) and choose Export > Guru Format from the right mouse button menu.
- Enter a comment (Optional) and choose OK.
- Choose Drive D: from the Look in pull down menu and change the File Name to identify the file and choose Export.
- View and Store the .GZP file contents to document the calibration values as required. (See RITdb Conversion Using Guru Agent and Scripts)
To Generate and Export Diag Logs:
- These should be generated immediately before and after a calibration for it to be valid for this purpose.
- From Cassini app, choose System > Tester to open the Configuration window.
- Choose Tester > Diagnose to open the Diag results.
- Choose Options > Show All Results.
- Choose Run > All.
- Choose Results > Save to Guru (stored as ObjClass=RiEquipDiagLog) or Results > Save to File.
- If saved to guru, use Guru Browser to export the RiEquipDiagLog(s) generated before/after the calibration procedure.
See also the Cassini System Calibration Procedure for the "System Description" document which fully describes the entire set of calibration data required for operation, not just the instrument calibration data that was affected by the calibration procedure.