Time to Complete: 1-2 hours
Tools Needed: 3/32" Allen Driver, 1/4" Wrench, 5/16" Wrench, Philips Driver (#1x80), Thread locking fluid (Loctite), Hand Bender for Semi Ridged Coax Cable (Optional)
- The RI Kits (RIK) used in this assembly vary depending on what TIMs and Top Plate is used. Each RIK comes with individual assembly instructions with details not covered in this document. Additionally, the bottom plate CAN be used for Engineering or Soft Dock (cable) solutions, so not all steps are required to produce a working Fixture.
Orientation Arrow: "Tester ->" arrows appear on the fixture pieces to set the correct orientation. Pieces without a "Tester ->" arrow are symmetric can be assembled in either direction.
Bottom Plates: Cassini 16 (RIK0178A), Cassini 8
Side Plates: Standard(RIK0 or Large Quad (RIK0164A)
Top Plate: Standard, Large Quad (InTest)
Pedestal Clamps & Support: Standard, Dual, Large Quad (included with Quad top plate)
Blocks: Based on TIMs installed
Inserts: Based on DUT requirements
Modules: Instruments/Features (See Catalog - Modules)
Carriers: Based on Cassini (RIFL or not) & Modules involved (Active, Passive)
Cables: Various (See Catalog - Cables)
Handler Dock: Standard Ears, "InTest" Compatible Ears, or Custom
Load Board: DIB, Socket, Pedestal
Bottom Plate Assembly (RIK0178A)
ATTENTION: "Tester->" orientation arrow points RIGHT in this example.
NOTE: Not all bottom plates have a tester orientation arrow. Orientation can be determined by the position of the offset center block holes in the middle of the plate, create an imaginary line from the center of the plate to the farthest empty hole . The block hole acts like the head of the arrow, causing the imaginary arrow to point towards the tester (right in this example).
Follow assembly instructions included with kit.
- Attach Feet
- Attach alignment Pins
3. Populate Fixture Interconnect Block, Device Power, RF, and Digital Blocks. Assemble or unpack each block, align with configured TIMs. Remember to use thread locking fluid on screws attaching blocks to bottom plate.
Side Panel Assembly:
- Insert Nylon Grommet (G) into holes at each end of the upper side plate.
- Insert shoulder bolt (S6) with spring (F) pre-loaded.
- Install second spring (F) and rubber bumper (E) to threaded end of shoulder bolt.
Tighten with 3/32 Allen head wrench.
- Align upper (M1) and filler (K1) side panels.
- Use Allen head screw (S5) on bottom side panel to connect top and bottom panels.
- On one side panel assembly, add the 3" ground wire (O and S3)
- Add fixture stops (N) with Screw (S2) and #10 Washer (C) to side panel assemblies.
- Assemble upper and lower side panel halves (M+L) together using 4-40 X 1/4" screws (S3). Leave
one of four holes empty for attachment of the 3" ground wire.
- Attach other end of 3" ground wire (O) using longer 4-40 screw (S4) and nut (Q) with #8 lock washer (R).
- Install upper filler panels (K) using 4-40 X 1/4" screws (S3).
- Install the Clam Shell release onto the Tester side of the assembly. (The TOP Plate opens like a clam shell, the pivot end is normally on the "Tester" side.)
- After assembly and debug, tighten the two pivot screws and install remaining 4-40 X 1/4" screws (S3).
- After the bottom plate is populated, attach the side plates to bottom plate with the remaining 4-40 x 1/4" (S3) screws.
- Separate the pieces found in the kit.
- Install elastomer onto pedestal support, starting in a corner. You will end in the same corner and
- Install elastomer onto the DUT clamp around the edge. Start with in a corner and end in the same corner.
- Assemble the Pedestal Support and the Top Plate together. Support goes on top.
- Align the arrow on the top plate with the Clam Shell Release knob. Attach top plate using two 4-40 X 1/4 screws (S3).
ATTENTION: Do not tighten them as they will act as swivel.
- Align arrow on DUT clamp to arrow on top plate and attach clamp using a couple of the longer 4-40 screws to secure it. You will add more later as you populate the insert positions on the top plate.
- The shell is now assembled. Proceed to install Pedestal, Fixture Inserts and custom designed DUT Board to your requirements.